Won’t walk on a leash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kait, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Kait

Kait New Member

hi,
    My husband and I have a 10 week old pup. He’s been with us for about 3 weeks now. When we take him out in the yard to potty on the leash, he is able to walk fine. However, when we try to take him for a walk down the street he is very resistant! Has anyone else had an experience like this or have any thoughts/suggestions?

2. Caitlyn

Caitlyn New Member

I’m bringing home a 4 y/o berner in 2 weeks. Current owner told us he will NOT walk on a leash if it’s hooked to his collar, but he will walk on leash with a harness just fine. Apparently he will alligator roll if the leash is attached to a collar. Good luck :)

3. Berner love

Berner love New Member

Berners are very food motivated get training treats (small in quantity won’t spoil his regular meals) hold at your side he will most likely will walk for that just give to him frequently has you walk
    He will get it. My berner will do ANYTHING for even the tiniest morsel. These guys want to please but have a stubborn streak patience and treats are what get my cubby boys atten so he can learn. It will work out