What Did You Name Your Berner?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BernerMax, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Shea

Shea New Member

Our 13-week old is 'Olina

Which means joy in Hawaiian

2. Ferris bern

Ferris bern New Member

3. JIreland

JIreland New Member

Our little guy's name Griffin, after the Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III.

We thought about Thor, but when you say it a bunch of times, it sounds like you have a lisp.

Best,
    Jennifer

4. Stella

Stella New Member

Our girl is Stella :)

5. monte

monte New Member

Puppy

We named our big boy George. After seeing his dad it just seemed to fit

6. Maui's Mom

Maui's Mom New Member

Maui

When our daughter got her puppy (who she named Dublin) from the breeder, one of the little boys adopted us. Every time we went to visit he'd come right to us. My husband told me we could go on a trip to Hawaii or get the puppy... So Maui came to live with us :)

7. TooHokies

TooHokies New Member

RE: what did you name your berner

We named our pup, Renzo after the Italian Architect - Renzo Piano- we met in Switzerland on an Architecture trip and it just seemed to fit... only problem is everyone keeps saying, "Oh! Lorenzo, what a great name!":confused:

8. Prospector

Prospector New Member

Our dog is named Bernie.

We aren't very creative :rolleyes:

9. joh

joh New Member

we named our girl Phoenix

10. Vin63

Vin63 New Member

Lucerne, or "Lucy" for short.

11. Punky'sMomma

Punky'sMomma New Member

My husband got to name our first dog together so I felt this one was my turn. Ran through a bunch of names... couldn't agree, lol! Then he suggested Punky (yes, like Punky Brewster) and I was thinking "I don't want a Punk for a dog" however she has that pretty rust (pumpkin color) on her and I love the name Pumpkin so... she is officially our Pumpkin. Mostly she gets called Punky tho! She is awesome!
    My dad can't seem to remember her name so he ends up always calling her Peanut Butter. So cute! :D

12. Vin63

Vin63 New Member

:p Our male Great Pyrenees' nickname (that my grandma gave) is "Punkin Pie." He responds to his nickname equally with his real name.

13. Punky'sMomma

Punky'sMomma New Member

Oh I love it! Punkin Pie!!!! :)

14. Ereillyj

Ereillyj New Member

I named my male berner Roland. :)

15. Hunter2013

Hunter2013 New Member

We named our baby Hunter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  16. ABChloe

ABChloe New Member

Over the years we have had Berners named Solo (the only puppy in his litter), Hannah Rose, Sophia Rose, Quincy, and Scout. Our newest is a six-month-old pup we named Chloe (a variation on my first dog who was named Cleo) Rose (a tribute to my wonderful Hannah and Sophie).

17. dogspotindia

dogspotindia New Member

sorry i don't have a berner but i have a GSD and his name is kall .

18. Danielle

Danielle New Member

My Hallie was named after the main character from the movie "The Parent Trap". It has been my favourite movie since I was little :)

19. Toblerone

Toblerone New Member

What did you name your Berner

Our breeder had thought of Toblerone (was an original Swiss chocolate company founded in Berne-how apropos) because he has a triangle of white on his forehead. We thought it was perfect so we kept it, calling him Toby for short. When I figure out how to post a picture I will!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  20. Moonflower

Moonflower New Member

We were a bit stuck for a name - we wanted something strong but pretty (to suit) & were hoping to continue our "Star Wars" pet name themes - corny, I know - plus we spent ages trying to make something fit from her pedigree name or her parents that wasn't too overused, or even something from her birth date that was happening in the world or the universe at the time (Like the Eta Aquarid shower on her birthday - try making something out of that! Henrietta or Aqua was the best I could do.) In the end, I gave up and suddenly remembered the pre-school children's programme "The Hoobs" with their twizzletufts and the little pink female one called "Tulah". I looked up the meaning and discovered it could be "strength" or "peak", depending on which language you are in - I thought both were appropriate! Plus, if you're a real Star Wars fanatic (which we're not, we're just keen) I discovered a link on the internet which described a "Tulah" character. So it stuck. I still look at her sometimes and wonder if it was the best choice, but it does fit! I've since discovered two other Berner Tulahs (with different spelling variations) so we didn't score on the originality front, but she has nicknames too which she's equally happy to answer to! :)