What Did You Name Your Berner?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BernerMax, Mar 23, 2013.

1. BernerMax

BernerMax New Member

Hi all, me again!!!
    Thought this would be a Fun Topic--
    We named ours Adonis Maximus (an old online name of my hubby haha) and we call him Maxie for short--

2. bernermom

bernermom Administrator Staff Member

We have Barefoot in the Park "Emma" She was named after a Johnny Mercer song that was sang my Emma Kelly. She was already named when she came to live with us and we Love her name! Emma is definitely a girly girl !:)

3. Apollo

Apollo New Member

I named mine Baloo after the jungle book.

4. WonderBread

WonderBread New Member

Tula. We were watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding right before we went to pick her up. :D

5. pcannon

pcannon New Member

Mitchell Alexander I call him Mitch. My family had a pick the puppy name party and put a bunch of names in a box. The one that won was actaully Beau Aaron. The next morning on my way to work I decided I couldn't name him Beau it sounded too much like no. Not wanting another naming party I just came up with Mitchell (which wasn't in the box at all.)

6. Kimbernese

Kimbernese New Member

We have named our puppy Leonidas, after the Spartan king.

7. Peachey

Peachey New Member

Our one year old is Pomelo. At the time all our pets were named after citrus fruit and the Pomelo is the biggest one.

Our puppy is named Appa. We let go of the citrus fruit theme and named him after the giant flying bison (Appa) from the Nickelodeon cartoon "Avatar: The last Airbender"

8. Bern

Bern New Member

We have "Ricky Boy", "Lucy Lou" & "Ethel Too" Yes, it is an "I Love Lucy" theme!! LOL

9. BernerMax

BernerMax New Member

Great idea!

Ha you certainly know your fruit...and cartoons...

10. Mahallum

Mahallum New Member

Montana

Named my little girl Montana

11. Tpick21

Tpick21 New Member

Named my big guy Apollo, after the Greek god.

12. Marynan

Marynan New Member

5 days until I go to pick up my pup and haven't decided on his name yet.
    It will either be
    - Tiberius (the Roman emperor and the T in James T Kirk)
    - Antony (from Antony and Cleopatra)
    or
    - Damon (Meaning a loyal friend, from the story of Damon and Phythias)

13. LittleBo

LittleBo New Member

I like Tiberius! Ty for short? I usually like to pick names that are easy to call out if you're outside. Multi-syllables are no fun when they're halfway across the dog park haha.

14. 3mor

3mor New Member

I prefer Arby
    Name of a famous U. S roasted beef shop
    If you dog loves roasted beef then this is a perfect name for your dog:cool:

15. Lizzy7428

Lizzy7428 New Member

We named ours Reece. As in reece's pieces :)

16. Lachlanpup

Lachlanpup New Member

Lachlan

Going to name our pup Teddy Bear "Lachlan" when we pick him up in July. My wife and I were engaged in Ireland, and we wanted a name with Gaelic roots.

17. Teddy

Teddy New Member

Teddy

We named our big boy Theodore, Teddy for short. It often gets even shorter to Teds. Teddy suits this big cuddly sook of a boy.

18. Bella&Brie

Bella&Brie New Member

I have a Miss Bella and Miss Brie

Easy to say Bella and Brie for one thing... That was part of the choice of Brie... Bella is so beautifuls she could noet be anythong but ...

I had a male Blitzen ahe was my first berner. He was born around Christmas and thought the nemae fit

19. kiwi

kiwi New Member

My little boy is named Gif... my husband and I are both geeks, so after the file format. Unintentionally, but coincidentally awesome is that it is an acronym for "Geek In Fur".

20. firejpn

firejpn New Member

Named our new boy Oklahoma "okie" for short easy for the 16 month old to say and short for those persons from Oklahoma. He's a tough boy survived the 2013 Moore, Ok. tornados. SO named after his home state and so the kids can remember their very memorable vacation to the sooner state.