Urinating while walking

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog Health Questions' started by kjw, Jan 2, 2017.

1. kjw

kjw New Member

My 3 year old neutered male has begun walking and peeing. He doesn't seem to notice. I've found wet spots, just dribbling really but today I saw it happen. Has anyone ever seen this condition before?

2. Alpha1

Alpha1 Member

When was he neutered? Sometimes surgery causes Urination irregularities but things go back to normal after that. This can also be a result of UTI, If you suspect it is something serious, a visit to the vet is something you should consider.

3. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

There are a number of possibilities including bladder stones, bladder cancer, a urinary tract infection or prostate problems and more. I agree with Alpa1 I would talk to your Vet and set up an appointment just to make sure everything is okay. More then likely it is the lesser of the list a urinary tract infection but it needs to be checked into.

4. KimberlyW

KimberlyW New Member

Sorry to take so long to answer. I took him first thing the next morning. It was a UTI and resolved easily!

5. LeonilKyle

LeonilKyle Member

Well, urinary tract infections in pets are serious, so you definitely want to get your dog to the vet as soon as symptoms arise in order to get a clear diagnosis and begin treatment.