Uploading Pictures

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog Pictures Forum' started by Matt O'Reilly, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Matt O'Reilly

Matt O'Reilly Administrator

As promised, I will walk everyone through who wants to upload pictures of our beloved Berners to our forums. It is fairly simple, although my wife says otherwise, so I will try to keep this simple :)

There are 2 ways showing pictures. The first is, hosting your pictures at image hosting websites such as ImageShack® - Image Hosting

Once you have figured out how to upload pictures at places such as imageshack, this is how you will show it here.

1. When your making a post, and you are ready to show your picture, click the "insert image" icon show in my demonstration image below.

[​IMG]

2. You can now click "preview post" to see if it worked, or simply click "submit new thread" and your done.

The next way to show your pictures is going to be the same way you would upload them at imageshack, well, almost the same, just a few different steps taken.

1. When making your new thread, or replying to a another members post, you will see "additional options" below where you would click the "submit reply" button. In that area you are going to click "manage attachments". You can see what I mean in the image below.

[​IMG]

2. From here, a small popup box will appear. Then you can upload pictures right from your computer by clicking the browse button.

2a. Locate where your picture is on your computer and select it.

2b. After you have selected your picture(s), click the upload button to the right.

2c. The popup box will now disappear and you can click "submit reply" if your replying to someones thread or " submit new thread" if you have made a new thread.

You can see the steps you have to take in the image below to help you out.

[​IMG]

If you have any questions, please post them. There are no stupid questions, the only ones are the questions not asked.

2. bernermom

bernermom Administrator Staff Member

thanks !

Attached Files:

3. MaggiesMom

MaggiesMom New Member

Is that Riley? Looks so much like Maggie in that photo!

4. bernermom

Yes that is our "Boy". I noticed too just how much they look alike. And not just in the typical Berner way either. I think you can tell they are "kin":).

5. Lucky-Liz

Lucky-Liz New Member

How do I post photos as thumbnails?

I don't have a digital camera, instead I scan my photos and save them. Can I post my saved scans as thumbnails instead of them being a saved attachment that needs to be further opened from the posting?

6. Matt O'Reilly

Matt O'Reilly Administrator

You can host them at a image hosting site, that would solve your issue of not wanting to open another window of an attachment :)

7. Chris

Chris New Member

8. Sheldon'sMom

Sheldon'sMom New Member

9. Sheldon'sMom

Sheldon'sMom New Member

Am i doing something wrong for my profile picture, it shows i have one but when i am posting things i dont see my profile pic?

10. Holdmeyer25

Holdmeyer25 New Member

He is so beautiful!! How much does he weigh, and how old?

11. paulawhitcom

paulawhitcom New Member

Thank you for sharing this with us. Now, I learned how to insert an image.

12. Cleo

Cleo Guest

Riley is the cutest lapdog ever! :)

13. bernermom

Sadly Riley went to the Rainbow Bridge about 3 years ago. He was the best dog EVER !!!! He is the one that started this whole crazy Bernese Mt Dog journey that we are on now. lol He is also the reason for the Forum. When we first brought him home, we had no idea what we were getting into. :D He had so many health issues. We didn't have facebook ( i dont even know if there was a fb yet haha) and there wasn't a lot of info about Berners out there. Even our Vet had not seen but 1 or 2 Berners.... My husband, being a computer geek, decided to set this forum up. I still come back here to look up questions..lol

Cheryl likes this.