Something to chew on?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by KellyHegel8, Apr 18, 2017.

1. KellyHegel8

KellyHegel8 New Member

What do you guys give your dogs to chew on? My girl is 6 months old I need a safe suggestion!
    Thank you!
  2. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

We gave her rope toys. The one she liked was a huge rope ball with ropes coming out of it. It is the size that you would give an adult Saint Bernard. She would chew and drag that every where. Then she had the red large rubber classic kong toy. Now when she got close to a year the rope had to go she started to shred it.
    KellyHegel8 likes this.
  3. Maee4ever

Maee4ever New Member

4. Maee4ever

Maee4ever New Member

We give our 11 week old Berner cheese bones. We buy them at Petvalu and he loves them. They are by the brand.."this and that chew". Hope this helps... also I braided all me old t-shits and he loves those too.
    KellyHegel8 likes this.
  5. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

We give our 6 mos. old Deer Antlers, after reading this suggestion on this forum. He loves them. I love them because they last forever, don't get soggy like rawhide, and don't splinter or smell. They aren't cheap but they last and last. I get them on Amazon.
  6. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

This is the rule of thumb our vet gave us.

"A broken tooth is extremely painful and can sometimes become abscessed. I believe that hard plastic or nylon chews, sterilized bones, cow hooves and antlers are too hard to be safe for most dogs. Rule of paw: don’t buy any chew toy that you wouldn’t want to be whacked in the knee with."
  7. LeonilKyle

LeonilKyle Member

Hello, At about 5 to 6 months, if you have more than one pup, you may find that play becomes more aggressive and exhibits some nipping, growling, and other general displays of dominance. Many males, and some females, will begin humping each other at this stage as they rehearse for their adult roles. Such behavior is acceptable as long as it is not directed towards you. Consider this chew toys on this lists