New to forum -Hello !

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Abel's Mum, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Abel's Mum

Abel's Mum New Member

Hello everyone,
    Our new BMD puppy, Abel, is coming home in 3 weeks and I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for helping us pass the waiting time by reading all of the great tips and fun threads on this forum.
    It has been very helpful and enjoyable.
    Looking forward to sharing once we finally bring Abel home.
    Cheers,
    Heather

2. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

Congratulations on Abel. You picture of Able was he around 6 weeks? He looks good, do you know how much he weighs? I hope you enjoy the forum.

3. Momaire

Momaire Member

Hi Heather! Nice to meet you. Abel sure is a cutie! Take lots of pictures, they grow so fast and they are little for such a short time. I thought I had taken many photos of mine when she was new but now when I look back at the photos there are not nearly enough. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Abel's Mum likes this.
  4. Abel's Mum

Abel's Mum New Member

Thank you ! That picture was taken this past Saturday on our visit with him. He just turned five weeks today. I couldnt remember what the breeder said he weighed but my husband seems to think it was about 7lbs. He comes home at 8 weeks and we are counting the days !! Spending time getting pet insurance, researching foods and reading this forum until then. Lots of great info from all of you Berner Mums and Dads !!

5. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

7 lbs is not bad at 5 weeks. He is still putting on weight fast you may not recognize him when you pick him up at 8 weeks.:) Make sure you have plenty of chew toys for him when he is in your home. He will chew a lot until his adult teeth come in!

6. LeonilKyle

LeonilKyle Member

Hello Abel welcome to our forum hope you will be enjoy. !