I had to share this...

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog General Discussion' started by Klexi, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Klexi

Klexi Guest

Just wanted to share a little story which completely astonished me.
    My kid suffers from severe anxiety which leads to severe panic attacks.
    Yesterday she started having the first symptoms leading to a panic attack. So as I was attending to her when my puppy 12 weeks old came and sat at her feet. My daughter was standing and then got on her knees and hugged the puppy, what amazed me was that my puppy hugged her back by resting her head on my daughters shoulder/back.
    They stayed like that for a minute or two.
    I know that dogs can be very therapeutic but a puppy?
    I have watery eyes just writing this because this puppy did something that for the past year no one was able to do. We would try to reassure her, and comfort her but my puppy instantly appeased her.
    I feel so blessed to have her I don't have the words to express what this means to me.

2. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

That is beautiful. These dogs seem to know when you need a hug. I cracked my ankle bone and had to limp inside Sierra sat on the couch with her head on my lap while I screamed in pain. My husband was gone for a week she actually wouldn't go out of our yard for walks because I limped. It was cute.

3. Klexi

Klexi Guest

That is so amazing. I never thought I could love another dog after Shadow ( my Gsd) This little one has completely changed my life after Shadow. I love her to death.

4. summersnowbr

I was searching the internet and found this youtube on the dancing russian newfoundland. I thought this was great. May have to work on Sierra. Wonder how many years it would take?:(

5. summersnowbr

There is hope that Sierra could do this I found this a dancing Bernese!

6. Klexi

Klexi Guest

7. Klexi

Klexi Guest

I wish Lexi would just move that fast ! ! I love dogs they are amazing! Thanks for sharing again

8. summersnowbr

My husband had to have heart surgery Monday nothing real serious. Sierra was so upset I would come home from the hospital every 2 hrs to walk her. She new something wasn't right because My husband and I left together but he didn't return each time with me. Finally, when I brought him home she wouldn't leave his side for a day. She didn't jump on him she new he didn't feel good enough to play. I think she felt he needed protecting until he felt better so she was there for him. It was so cute.

Klexi likes this.
  9. Klexi

Klexi Guest

I really hope your husband will get better soon. I hope you are ok too, it's always stressful for everyone when a loved one has to undergo this kind of intervention. I hope he feels better soon.
    In my opinion, I find people who have dogs in their lives tend to heal faster, body and mind.
    No wonder there are so many therapy dogs around.
    In a recent study they have seen cortisol (stress hormones) levels decreased in autistic children who have dogs.
    Dogs know, Dogs feel, dogs are right there by our side to help us heal.
    Take care and hope your husband will be ok.