Hi! :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by WinstonBerner, Jul 6, 2017.

1. WinstonBerner

WinstonBerner New Member

Hello All,

We are new Berner owners. We have a 3 month old boy named Winston.

I came here looking for help because like many other Berners he is having diarrhea issues. Any advice would be welcome!

But, besides that, I love the Berner community!!! I follow a lot of owners on Instagram and am having a blast seeing all the berners out there.

We love our boy so much, he has the best temperament and what a little ham he is :)

2. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

There are so many factors which could be causing the diarrhea. I assume being 3 months old you have already done a stool sample test to check for parasites? What type of dog food is he getting? Are there any treats being given? Is he on flea/tick med or heart worm med?

He looks very handsome! I'm sure he is quit the dog!!

3. lbud

lbud New Member

I also have a 5.5 month old bernie having the same problem. Had stool checked all was clear changed her food 7 times thinking that it was something in the food but still haven't found a resolution to the problem. She is such a sweet baby it bothers me that she is going through this and no one seems to know what we should do=[

4. summersnowbr

Not sure what you are feeding her but changing foods that many times can also cause some problems. So what are you feeding her now?

5. lbud

lbud New Member

We have her on salmon and sweet potato from merrick

6. summersnowbr

So how is she doing? Not familiar with that band but I'm sure it is good.

7. lbud

lbud New Member

She is doing good thank you we have her on probiotics,& royal canine gastrointestinal food for a few months until she get a little older and more developed! She just turned 6 months and is a whopping 67lbs not sure how big this lil missy will get! Thank you for your concerns

8. summersnowbr

Well, Sierra was 66 pounds at 6 months and she is now 111 pounds at 21 months so I would say so far she is growing at the same rate as Sierra. Glad everything is going good with her.