Heartbroken lost my Berner 12/27/17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paula Waters, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Paula Waters

Paula Waters New Member

My dog Kona was not feeling well at Thanksgiving had lost a little weight, now 12/27/17 multiple vet visits, exhausted trying to feed my baby, they found a tumor in his stomach. I know it was the Histo cancer, 5 weeks and he is now gone.
    I am heartbroken by this sudden loss he was just 6 1/2.
    Paula in Seattle

2. Berner love

Berner love New Member

I feel so very bad for you I’m sur Kona was a true joy in your life, difficult knowing this breeds short life span but they give us so much! Try to remember all the good memories I’m certain there are many ... keep an open heart to perhaps another berner coming into your life you will know the right time if it’s meant to be.

3. Fin’s Mom

Fin’s Mom New Member

I am so sorry. I lost mine at 6 1/2 too, in November. I wish I could find the right words, but there are none. For me, the only way to lessen the pain was to get another one. She will never replace Piper, but I know Piper would have liked that I got Finley. The joy that these dogs bring is like nothing else. My neighbor asked me why I would get another one, given the short lifespan and the pain I went through when she died. I told her it was because it was the best 6 1/2 years of my life.