Breeder Recommendations- New England

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Catherine B., Oct 31, 2017.

1. Catherine B.

Catherine B. New Member

Looking for a reputable breeder in New England part of US. Recommendations please!

2. Brianne

Brianne New Member

Hi Catherine,
    I am also looking for a reputable breeder in New England... I see you didn't get any responses here, but I figured I'd ask if you found recommendations elsewhere that you could share?
    Thank you!

3. Catherine B.

Catherine B. New Member

Hello!! I did a lot of research and it's hard to know what is right. It was helpful to go on Bernese Mountain Dog Club of America and search breeders. Once you have found a breeder, go on bernergard.org and search the breeder. It will show results of their dogs tested for genetic disorders. Megan Tavish was very good but more expensive because she literally does everything you could ask for. She's great. However we went with best bernese in nh. She was not on these websites but I had a good feeling about her. She let me call her vets too. Check out Facebook pages for reviews too. I found a lot from that. I checked out Linda from Fairport NY she had a mix of great reviews and some very concerning ones so I ended up not going with her. Good luck !! Hopefully this helps!

Brianne likes this.
  4. Brianne

Brianne New Member

Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it.