Berner Love

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Berner love, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Berner love

Berner love New Member

just a shout out from a new Berner owner, Truman is my 30lb 4mo old male.
    And I joined Bernertalk so I can get info from some of you more experienced Berner parents, Truman isn’t my first dog but is my first berner. My breeder is a wealth of info but so are you folks on this site. I have agreed to leave Truman unaltered so my breeder can use him for future breeding. He was pick of litter and only male so that was our agreement for me to take him home. If a medical or behavioral problem arises this agreement would be revoked. Can a male become more agressive if not altered I was lead to believe this breed is on the whole very sweet and submissive. Any feedback appreciated.

2. STACEE777

STACEE777 New Member

Oh these big guys usually are so sweet and lovable. I doubt you will have to worry about aggressiveness. The only time our guys get that way is when one of the girls is in heat and that aggression is only towards another male dog and not humans :) We have 3 males and 2 females and they all get along wonderfully, except for those two times a year when the girls come into heat and then it's just watching them like a hawk and preventing any altercations. They really are a great temperament breed. You'll really love your boy. Congrats on getting your first berner!

3. Berner love

Berner love New Member

Thank you for the positive feedback and info that’s good to know that Truman will keep his sweet disposition. I waited for the right time to get this cubby sweetheart and it was worth the wait. Just one problem their a little like potatoes chips one just isn’t enough!
    I can see another somewhere down the road.

4. STACEE777

STACEE777 New Member

You are absolutely right about them being like potato chips lol That's why we have 5! :) Your Truman will love having a playmate just like himself. Berners tend to migrate towards other berners at dog parks and doggy daycare I have heard. We don't use either of those since we live on an acre of land and are stay at home hobby breeders. Besides we have our own pack to entertain one another :)