Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maee4ever, May 2, 2017.

1. Maee4ever

Maee4ever New Member

My soon to be 12 week old male Berner named "Kylo" always seems to bark at everything especially at night. Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

When he barks at night is he in a crate? Or confined some where where he can't get to you or see you? Does he bark when he wants feed possibly? etc. One needs more of an example of times he barks.
  3. Maee4ever

Maee4ever New Member

4. Maee4ever

Maee4ever New Member

He never barks in his crate he barks during the day at me at everything. He's fed and all is good but he just barks. I cannot figure it out other than he is a puppy and just does it because he doesn't know any better. I tell him "no barking" but he doesn't anyways... I think he thinks we are playing but we are not. Any advice would be great.
    Thank you!
  5. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

Ours would bark when she was under a year to get our attention just to play. So I would tell her to set, then play with her. He probably is just trying to get your attention and the bark right now is all he know. Try when he is quite to suddenly start playing with him. He may learn that being quite gets your attention faster.
  6. Bailey

Bailey New Member

ours barked a lot when she was young (under 6 months) but seemed to grow out of it. Now at 19 months she is very quiet and rarely barks at anything. Maybe it is just a puppy phase that will quickly pass.
  7. LeonilKyle

LeonilKyle Member

What does kylo doing while barking? does he look angry or something?