Anyone any ideas ?

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog Health Questions' started by Lynn, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Lynn

Lynn New Member

Ollie and I were having our usual together time in the garden Friday afternoon and I was ruffing his fur up and noticed at the bottom of his left hand rib cage he has a lump not on the surface underneath the skin feels about the size of half a tennis ball.

He is eating fine and jumping around like a loony when we are getting ready for our morning walk.

He has developed a limp on that leg and is on the forever freedom gel for that, he is also getting clingier he also now sleeps in our room something he never did till a couple of months ago.

He is off to the vet for his annual booster on Saturday we are hoping he is going to let the vet have a feel we are putting our plan in place this week as he is very naughty with the vet and being examined.

I have also e-mailed his breeder today to see if she can throw any light on it.

2. aey1604

aey1604 New Member

Hi there, sorry to hear about Ollie. I hope you get on okay at the vets on Saturday and your vet manages to examine him okay.

Our Bernese Daisy recently had a biopsy done for a swelling that had suddenly appeared on her muzzle and thankfully the test results have come back saying it looks to be a relatively harmless condition called "cutaneous hystiocytosis" and the swelling should go away in time. We were really worried about her until we got the results so we're glad we got it checked out.

Hope things go okay for Ollie, let us know how you get on.

3. Lynn

Lynn New Member

Thankyou. Glad Daisy was ok. I keep having a feel thinking I imagined it but I haven't