9 month old food??

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Benson, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Benson

Benson New Member

What should I be feeding my 8 month old and how much? My puppy has started to be quite destructive, he has an obsession with our bin. It has been suggested to me that I should change his diet, as this May be making him hipper. We are feeing him wainwrights large puppy complete food. 1 large cup three times a day.

I have a puppy check at the vets on Thursday and will be asking there opinion too, but I thought I'd ask as you have experience with the breed. I have owned a Bernese before, but I can not remember which brand and when we changed over to adult food.

Thanks for your help x
  2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I feed my Berner Acana. I alternate between flavours so that she doesn't get bored of her food as she is not a very keen eater. I also add salmon oil on top of her food. She likes the Lamb and Apple flavour and also really likes the Pacifica and Grasslands.

Hallie also likes when we add other things to her food like eggs, veggies, chicken, tuna, sweet potato, pumpkin, apple, blueberries, plain yogurt... ext. (whatever I have in the fridge at the time)

She is almost 2 and weighs 85 pounds and is very active. I give her 3 cups a day.... 4 cups if I'm not adding any goodies to her meals.

The vet is very happy with her and says she's the leanest berner she's ever seen :)
  3. dogspotindia

dogspotindia New Member

I just feed my dog royal canin breed spastic food. some canges i have done in his food because he will not bored to his food is some Salmon oil, some pieces of egg and vegetable.