2nd Berner Rehome

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog General Discussion' started by zwieseldave, Nov 7, 2016.

1. zwieseldave

zwieseldave New Member

Hi,

I have a Female Berner Chelsea who is my personal bit of glue, as she is always by my side as I work from home, yesterday I had a call as a 3 year old berner had lost his owner due to bad health and was in hospital, anyway I understood he was well behaved and good natured, Now I have to say the male I have brought home is really well natured but he is following my female round like a lap dog, now my female keeps snapping at him, I can see she is not a biting action its a warning action, is this normal with male and female berners, what can I expect as I do not want to stress the male out more than necessary, I have to say as the day has gone on it has gotten less aggressive and not as regular ? what can I expect ?

2. summersnowbr

summersnowbr Active Member

http://clubs.akc.org/aba/bully/multiple.htm

I don't think your female is aggressive from what you said towards the other dog but maybe there is a tip or two in the site above that may help. Some times it just takes an adjustment period and then the two will be inseparable friends.

3. zwieseldave

zwieseldave New Member

Thanks for your response, One week after my post, all had changed, we are the best of friends, they cuddle up together in my bed and on the sofa, I need a room now to myself, and play together for ages.

Thanks for the link.

Dave

LeonilKyle likes this.
  4. LeonilKyle

LeonilKyle Member

Wow ! great that is good news. It makes me smile because your dogs are now friends.